Long time no see! I’ve been a little preoccupied with work and travelling to Montreal the past few weeks, but I am back! Here is a makeup look I did at work today and what I used:
I’m a huge fan of the Glo Skin Beauty Vino-Date Night-Plumberry lip combo right now, as well as the newer eyeshadow palettes Glo has come out with. The shade Aura that is in a few of their old and new palettes is likely my favourite by Glo!
It’s 41 degrees Celsius here today, which is absolutely terrifying for this area, so this will all likely melt off as soon as I wrap up my shift and step outside, but hey, at least I tried 😂🤷🏻♀️
Have I ever actually been moderately successful at a project pan? Absolutely not. But, I’m still going to give it another go after being inspired by watching a number of Kelly Gooch’s project pan videos.
I’m starting it out on a positive note, having just recently finished two products. The Becca First Light Priming Filter has been taking me EONS to get through, and has been particularly frustrating because I wasn’t particularly fond of the product to begin with. It’s a decent primer for sure, but just did not jive with my oily acne prone skin type. It also has a faint lemongrass scent, which I think I negatively associate with the overwhelming amount of lemongrass that used to be diffused at a previous workplace of mine. Lemongrass is fabulous, but there can definitely be too much of a good thing. I also finished my Glo Skin Beauty micro eyebrow pencil, partially because I use it daily and partially because I accidentally broke a large chunk off of it the morning before I went on vacation.
For my new project pan I am trying to be kind to myself. I’ve picked nine different products that I enjoy, use regularly, and many of which are near empty. My goal is to finish or use a substantial amount of these products before the end of 2018, and if anyone else is interested in tagging along and doing a similar project pan, you are welcome to join in!
- Fenty Beauty Soft Matte Pro Filt’r Primer (to be finished entirely)
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation in 180 (to finish entirely) and 220 (to use up to the silver Sharpie line)
- Giorgio Armani Pink Concealer (use up entirely)
- Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray (use up entirely)
- ABH Matte Lipstick in Spice (use up entirely). Lipsticks are typically a hard one for me to use up in general, but this shade is my go-to work shade that I wear year round, so I am keeping a positive attitude towards finishing this one.
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb (use up entirely)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light (use up entirely). I’ve been working on this baby for quite some time and have repressed it a number of times. I’ve reached the final stretch and I KNOW I will be able to polish this off soon.
- Becca x Chrissy Face Palette (touch pan on both highlighters, the bronzer, and the blush)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette (touch pan on Burnt Orange, Primavera, and Buon Fresco)
I will post updates every 3-4 weeks and see how much progress I can make! Happy project panning to anyone else currently working on or starting a project. ❤
Becca First Light Priming Filter
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation in 180 and 220
Chrissy x Becca Face Palette
Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray
Elf Brow Pencil
Annabelle Brow Show
Urban Decay Born to Run Palette
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Bare Minerals Lash Domination
Bite Beauty Lip Primer
Bite Beauty Aries Lipstick
No reviews today, but I just wanted to share a quick little update about some products I’ve used up! I’ve done really well this past month or so I’m not purchasing new skincare products until I’m completely out of that item, so my massive hoard is slowly diminishing. I’ve been trying to use once-in-awhile products like masks more often, too. I find that they end up just sitting in my drawer because I don’t think I have time, or I feel the need to almost ration my fancy masks for a special occasion, even though if I wait for an occasion I’ll never use them and they will go bad. Sundays are my day off each weekend, so I usually mask Sunday nights while I’m cleaning or taking it easy at home.
I am forever torn between makeup minimalism and wanting a never-ending collection. I think I need to come to the compromise of having a minimalist for certain items (primer, setting spray, mascara, setting powder, and other necessities) and allowing myself to have a collection of certain items I genuinely enjoy being creative with and collecting (eyeshadows, for example). It’s taking me awhile to find the right balance, though!