Have I ever actually been moderately successful at a project pan? Absolutely not. But, I’m still going to give it another go after being inspired by watching a number of Kelly Gooch’s project pan videos.
I’m starting it out on a positive note, having just recently finished two products. The Becca First Light Priming Filter has been taking me EONS to get through, and has been particularly frustrating because I wasn’t particularly fond of the product to begin with. It’s a decent primer for sure, but just did not jive with my oily acne prone skin type. It also has a faint lemongrass scent, which I think I negatively associate with the overwhelming amount of lemongrass that used to be diffused at a previous workplace of mine. Lemongrass is fabulous, but there can definitely be too much of a good thing. I also finished my Glo Skin Beauty micro eyebrow pencil, partially because I use it daily and partially because I accidentally broke a large chunk off of it the morning before I went on vacation.
For my new project pan I am trying to be kind to myself. I’ve picked nine different products that I enjoy, use regularly, and many of which are near empty. My goal is to finish or use a substantial amount of these products before the end of 2018, and if anyone else is interested in tagging along and doing a similar project pan, you are welcome to join in!
- Fenty Beauty Soft Matte Pro Filt’r Primer (to be finished entirely)
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation in 180 (to finish entirely) and 220 (to use up to the silver Sharpie line)
- Giorgio Armani Pink Concealer (use up entirely)
- Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray (use up entirely)
- ABH Matte Lipstick in Spice (use up entirely). Lipsticks are typically a hard one for me to use up in general, but this shade is my go-to work shade that I wear year round, so I am keeping a positive attitude towards finishing this one.
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb (use up entirely)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light (use up entirely). I’ve been working on this baby for quite some time and have repressed it a number of times. I’ve reached the final stretch and I KNOW I will be able to polish this off soon.
- Becca x Chrissy Face Palette (touch pan on both highlighters, the bronzer, and the blush)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette (touch pan on Burnt Orange, Primavera, and Buon Fresco)
I will post updates every 3-4 weeks and see how much progress I can make! Happy project panning to anyone else currently working on or starting a project. ❤