I have TWO days in a row off starting today which hasn’t happened in probably close to six months. I’m so excited to just hide away in my apartment and spend some time with my cat and my tortoise and get the introvert-recharge-time I’ve been desperately needing for the past two weeks.
Here’s my makeup of the day! My skin is definitely not this clear without makeup, but I’m finding that it’s already becoming smoother since incorporating glycolics into my skincare routine. Once I’ve given the glycolics a good go I’m going to share my experience with glycolics and hormone-based acneic skin that is very oily and give a little background on the products I tried.
Here’s what I used:
Face: BECCA First Light Priming Filter, Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation, BECCA x Chrissy Palette, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Concealer, GloSkinBeauty Pressed Base, Hourglass Ambient Palette
Eyes: ABH Modern Renaissance Palette, Ciate Wonderwand Mascara, Giorgio Armani pink concealer, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Concealer
Brows: Marcelle Duo Eyebrow-PRO
Lips: TooFaced Melted Matte in Queen B
Eyes: UD Primer Potion, ABH Master Palette by Mario, Natasha Denona Lila Palette, Deck of Scarlet Liner, Ciate London Wonderwand Mascara
Brows: ELF Dual Ended Brow Pencil, Annabelle Brow Fiber Gel
Face: Fenty Pro Filt’r Primer, Fenty Profilt’r Foundation, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Concealer, Becca x Chrissy blush, UD Naked Skin Contour Kit, Becca Light Chaser Highlighter in Topaz Flashes Gilt
Lips: Bite Beauty Multistick in Almond with ND Eyeshadow
Eyebrows: Almay brow pencil in 802 brunette, Annabelle Brow Fiber Gel in Medium Dark
Face: Fenty Beauty ProFilt’r Instant Retouch Primer, Fenty Beauty ProFilt’r Foundation in 180, Urban Decay Naked Skin Shapeshifter Palette, Becca x Chrissy Hibiscus Bloom blush, Giorgio Armani Master Corrector 1, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Concealer, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Eyes: Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario (Isabel, Lula, Paris, 5th Ave, Hollywood), Ciate London Wonderwand mascara
Lips: Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle in Shawty
Here we go! What I’ve used up or given up on since my last check-in:
- Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo: This stuff is my favourite dry shampoo thus far! I even brought it to work for one of my coworkers to use one day, and she said she was going to switch over from Batiste to this. I just picked up a pricey Kevin Murphy dry shampoo from my hair stylist to replace it, so we will see how it compares! It’s a stellar price though.
- UD Naked 3 Palette: We all know from my last post that I have had to put my Naked 3 Palette out to pasture. I loved it to pieces, and now it’s time to chuck it.
- ABH Brow Definer: It took me FOREVER to use this up. Honestly, I’d rather just buy cheap brow products from the drugstore because I honestly can’t see the difference. The only potential reason I could see someone opting for a more expensive ABH option is if they couldn’t find their correct brow shade in the limited drugstore brow shade selections available.
- Ole Henriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser Deluxe Sample: I really liked this cleanser. It is nice and cooling because of the peppermint in it, and it didn’t screw up my skin. Can’t really vouch for how much it actually controlled the oil on my skin, as I don’t really think anything properly can, but it didn’t enhance the oil at least.
- MasterPrime by FaceStudio Maybelline Primer: Oh my lord I don’t even think I fully used this up, but it is practically empty and I want to be rid of it. It’s not a horrible primer but it doesn’t blur or control redness AT ALL as promised.